What We Publish
Rivercliff Books & Media welcomes submissions of well-crafted fiction and non-fiction books and short stories. We publish print, eBook, and audiobook formats. (We are an imprint of Wetware Media, a thriving independent audiobook publisher, founded in 2006.)
Fiction: We are open to most narrative styles and most genres (see below), and are always seeking fresh and very well written content. Send us a short story or novel that we won’t be able to put down.
We do not publish horror or dystopian work.
Non-Fiction: We are seeking deeply compelling literary non-fiction.
• Short story — 3,500 – 8,000 words
• Novella — 20k – 40k words
• Book/Novel — 50k – 70k words.
Excerpts: Excerpts from larger works are considered, provided the excerpt stands on its own and you hold all rights to the work.
How to Submit
Please review the open submissions below and fill in the appropriate submission form. We typically respond in about 90 days.
We look forward to reading your work!
- Novella length manuscripts, 30k – 45k words.
- Page-Turning Suspense: Detective Fiction; Suspenseful Drama; Mystery; Thriller; Spy, etc.
- Compelling and complex main character.
- Clear stakes: What does your character have to gain or lose?
- Original work that has not been published elsewhere (including personal blogs, websites, or social media)
We especially like:
- Chapters ending in cliffhangers, or that pull us into the next chapter.
- Plot twists and surprise endings.
- Location-specific: Bring us into a particular location/setting.
- A main character that could be developed into a series.
We're not looking for:
- Horror, dystopian work, erotica, genre romance.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. Please withdraw if accepted elsewhere.
- All works selected for publication will receive an offer of competitive compensation and publishing contract.
Thank you. We're looking forward to reading your work!